With this year’s summer predicted to be one of the hottest in recent history, it is only natural that persons are concerned about effectively protecting their skin. Ultraviolet rays—particularly UVA and UVB—are major contributing factors to skin damage, sunburn, and even skin cancer, as they promote the emergence of free radicals within the body. Beach-goers and sunbathers are particularly at risk as the likelihood of skin damage increased with prolonged exposure to the sun’s rays.
Fortunately, scientific research shows that the antioxidants in grape seed oil are an excellent protection against free radicals which damage the skin and cause aging. In fact, studies show that grape seed oil is twenty times more effective than vitamin C when it comes to stopping free radical activity.
The oil acts as an effective moisturizer, and its astringent qualities help to tighten and tone the skin. Not only is grape seed oil inexpensive, only a tiny amount is required in order to activate its skin-protective benefits.
How can we use grape seed oil to do all that you ask? By simply adding a few drops to the palm of your hand, and then gently massaging it into your skin. It really is that simple! In addition to protecting your skin from harmful UV radiation, here are just a few of the other marvelous benefits of this all natural skincare product:
- Massage grape seed oil into wrinkles and fine lines to improve skin elasticity and reduce signs of aging.
- Dab the oil under the eyes to relieve dark spots or circles.
- Treat acne by apply it to pimples. The oil’s anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent product to soothe irritated skin.
- Gently rub grape seed oil over your body in order to moisturize your skin daily.
- Apply the oil directly to scars, abrasions and bruises to reduce the likelihood of permanent marks.
With our summers getting hotter and hotter each year it becomes even more important for us to take protective action right now. Many companies have produced sunscreen lotions and creams using harsh, artificial chemicals. However by using grape seed oil, a readily available all-natural product, we can easily beat the heat!